Monday, July 12, 2010

Vertmont

I am currently in Vermont on family vacation. Of course, as with every vacation...it is just as bad as it always is at home. Maybe worse. You can't really get away..cause you don't know where you are, or in this case, you're about 20 miles from anything to get away to. And the house is smaller, so you're in a confined space.

I've been thinking a lot about goldfish. If you keep a goldfish in a small bowl it's whole life, it will stay small. If you move the goldfish into a bigger bowl, and then a tank etc the fish will get bigger and bigger. I feel kind of like I need a bigger bowl. Not a small cabin infested with spiders.

Spiritually, I need room to move about. I can't do small and narrow... I'd rather take in the big picture even if it leaves me confused, lost, and frustrated. Fortunately, I've had that room for quite awhile now... it's not so intimidating anymore, it feels much more like home.

I'm off to climb a mountain. There are enough religious metaphors using mountains for me to think about on the way... but mostly, it reminds me of Jack & Desolation Angels. I wish I had that book with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment